Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.danforthdentists.com.
2. Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of information:
- Personal Information: This includes your name, contact information, date of birth, and other identifying information.
- Health Information: This includes medical history, dental records, treatment plans, and any other health-related information necessary for your care.
- Financial Information: This includes billing and insurance information related to your dental treatments.
- Communication Records: This includes records of communications with you, such as appointment reminders, emails, or phone call logs.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- Providing dental care and treatment.
- Billing and processing insurance claims.
- Appointment scheduling and reminders.
- Communicating with you regarding your dental care.
- Complying with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Improving our services.
4. Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your information to:
- Your healthcare providers for the purpose of your treatment.
- Insurance companies for billing and claims processing.
- Regulatory authorities as required by law.
- Our service providers who assist us in delivering dental services (e.g., IT support, billing services).
- Other individuals or organizations with your explicit consent.
5. Safeguarding Your Information
We have implemented security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These include encryption, access controls, and staff training on privacy protection.
6. Access to Your Information
You have the right to access your personal health information held by us, subject to certain exceptions as permitted by law. To request access or make corrections, please contact our Privacy Officer.
7. Retention of Information
We will retain your information as long as necessary for the purposes outlined in this policy or as required by law. When it is no longer needed, we will securely dispose of it.
9. Contact Us
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.